Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Sweetest Thing....

WOW! I actually was able to post the sketch too! I'm so proud of myself lol~
My Card:










Sweet Sunday Sketch.




I seem to have a bad habit of layering too much, adding too much bling, too many dimensionals. Look at past posts and you'll get the picture :) I'm the perverbiable kid in the candy store! That is why I LOVE Sweet Sunday Sketches. Karen does an excellent job in designing simple sketches that can easily be modified to your taste, ability, supplies, and desire. And in my case, a chance to tone it down. A teacher used to say to so many students, but never me :), "Use the Art of RESTRAINT". Now I'm FINALLY listening! lol~


The recipe for this sketch is as followes;
Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bordering blue, and Whisper White SU! card stock. Using the coordinating inks, I distressed the Brocade Blue and swiped my Classic ink across the Bordering Blue for a nice simple texture effect. I used the retired stamp set Beautiful Beach (I think that's the name?). I kept the dimensionals to one layer, can you believe that? It is a perfect Father's Day card, manly birthday card, or really when ever you need adult card.

I hope you enjoy my posts. I have been busy today! Three challenges in one day, and I am so happy with the results! For more information on Karens challenge, visit her blog at http://kgiron.blogspot.com/.

There are still 2 other challenges and sketches I would like to try this week so check back. You never know what I'm up to these days!

Winks & Wishes

Christie

3 comments:

  1. I just love the look of the distressed background you created - very nice! Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christie, can't fine your email to answer your question on my blog. . . the answer is: sticky strip, and lots of it! With glue dots for insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colors and image, nice work!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...