Sunday, May 10, 2009

MoJo Monday....on Mother's Day!

A Wise Ol Owl once told me...to do a MoJo on Mother's Day! So, who am I to argue with that! This is my little Owl card for Monday's challenge. Seems like this week came and went before I even realized it. Not surprised though, anytime we have sunny weather, the time seems to fly!

Thru these challenges I have found I LOVE to layer! Seems the more layers I can get on a card, the happier I am. this card has 12 layers! Whoot new? ( little owl humor there~sorry:)

I would love to be able to tell you the name of this set, however I can not. Bought it at a big box store real cheap as I have never used clear stamps before. I'm not sure I like them as well as rubber. I did like being able to see exactly where I was stamping. My biggest issue is that the ink doesn't stick to the plastic very well and the image seems like there wasn't enough ink for a solidly stamped image. Does this make ANY SENSE? If you know why or can give me some tips on how to stamp a more saturated image with these type of stamps, let me know! I'd love to be schooled on it!

I just found Copic Markers, well not really. I have been "deciding" on if I should purchase some or if the good ol SU! markers will do. The SU! markers just don't produce the same results I have been looking for, so I have invested some cashola into quality markers again.

I love Copics, but I'm not happy with the results of this card. Again I think it's because of the type of stamp I used.


So, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Brown, and Ivory SU! card stock. The DSP is from DWSP Green Stack (70% recycled paper. YEA EARTH!:)

Lot's of dimensionals were used, again 12 LAYERS! Gotta use LOTTA dimensionals! Um, yep used a punch by Fiskars. Love that too! :) Let's see...missing something I'm sure....Oh! Ribbon, Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon.


Alrighty then! This was MoJo Mother's Day Style! Hope you enjoy reading a little of my madness. I'd love to know I'm not in the madness alone!


Winks & Wishes!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...