Monday, June 8, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration & Mojo!

What is this you may ask? Well it's home made DSP! I LOVE color challenges, but always feel like I have to run out and buy some DSP to match the challenge...that is if I'm lucky enough to find some!

Well, I decided not to run out and buy it, but MAKE it! I'm crafty, or so I tell myself~lol. And I love plaid, and the colors in Stacey's Jewelry Color Insp. Challenge. And I have several friends expecting girls this summer and fall so this was the perfect challenge for me to try!

Feel free to visit Stacey's blog to participate in this fun challenge. This is my first, but I can tell I will be checking Stacey's blog often for inspiration, information, and fun too! http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/

Using some of the left over DSP I made, I decided to add a rosette and further embellish it with a punched flower, pretty in pink button, and a pearl. I just love these rosettes! So easy to make too!


I'm falling in love with SU!...AGAIN! Which is great considering the new catty is out next month. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those babies! Feel FREE TO SEND ME SPOILERS!

I used the SU! set I'm Here that retired, oh a few years ago. Love it though and simply can't part with it. As part of the challenge, Stacey picks a piece of Jewelry that has a great color combination and turns it into a challenge for stamping. What an incredible concept! She's so smart that Stacey!

Stacey picked Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Certainly Celery. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog and Staceys too!
Winks & Wishes!
Christie

Oh Yeah! I nearly forgot! This is also the MoJoMonday Sketch for this week! (and it's only Tuesday and I've got it posted! yea me!)

7 comments:

  1. How sweet you are, Christie! And, WOW, I love your accordian-folded rosette! What a gorgeous interpretation of the color inspiration and the mojo sketch! Thanks for playing in the JCI40...hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, but I'm totally diggin' your braclet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the acordion flowers. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I LOVE that bracelet and you card is divine!! What wonderful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fantastic, your attention to detail rocks! I just want to kiss those little feet, BR-t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun accent on your card. I haven't tried one of those beauties yet. Great job with the mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...