Saturday, June 13, 2009

Make a WISH!

It's a cool rainy day here in NI. Good thing Kristina has pick some Super Summery colors for her Color Inspiration Challenge! Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Bashful Blue, Green Galore, and Whisper White are the chosen color for this challenge. And I couldn't LOVE this combo MORE!


Here is my first attempt at on of Kristina's Challenges. With the money crunch on all of us, I have decided to get frugal and attempt making more of my own DSP, embellishments, and utilizing more of the tools I have rather than running out to buy the newest, latest and greatest. Besides! Once upon a day or so ago, my stuff was the newest, latest, and greatest! So why not rekindle the romance that I felt when I first bought some of my basic tools and supplies and fall in love all over again. It's possible right?! YES! And with these color challenges, all the more reason to!
I so LOVE the stamp set She's All That! Even though it reminds me of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" characters, I still so love it! I also used Riveting stamp set. Both are retired by Stampin' Up! You know, I never even noticed the She's All That set until I found a great card on someones blog. (too bad I don't remember who's it was!) Then, I had to have it...but couldn't find it ANYWHERE...
Well, I found it alright. Ebay! But why over pay on Ebay? So I went to another great stamping forum Split Coast Stampers (SCS). If you haven't checked out their site, DONT WALK! RUN! They have EVERYTHING a stamper, paper crafter, scrapbooker could ever dream of! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ Check it out! You'll be so EXCITED you did!
I found a super nice gal, Denise @ http://geekgirl415.com/ thru SCS's selling/buying/trading forum. She was having a retired sale and I got it at an unbelievable price! (lucky me!)
Hope you enjoy the Color challenge by Kristina. You can find her and tons of tips, tricks, inspiration, and a weekly quick Finally Friday card at http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/.
Winks & Wishes!
Christie

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...